When you are inexperienced, just out of college and looking for your very first job then your entry level resume must meet these special needs of yours. A Fresher’s Resume Pattern is different than what an experienced person’s resume will look like.
The reason the differentiation is vital is because a fresher doesn’t have job experience to highlight therefore you must leverage certain other factors and credentials in your résumé.
This will let the employer know right away that although you do not bring with you work related experience your skill set and educational qualifications match the job objective.
The pattern that you will follow is:
- Contact Details such as address, email id and telephone number
- Objective of applying for the job
- Educational qualifications
- Computer courses or any other relevant to the job courses attended
- Soft skills
- Summer internships and part time jobs if any
- Personal details
There are certain things that you must keep in mind when you are drafting your resume. These pointers are:
- Ensure that your entry level resume is short and crisp and fits the 100 KB size.
- Ensure that your subject line mentions exactly what the employer wants the code to be or else it might not be opened and read.
- Check for any grammatical and spelling errors stringently. In case any of these are detected by the employer then you will certainly not create a good enough impression and be called for an interview. The employer will immediately cast your resume aside with the view that you don’t deserve the job.
- Ensure that someone else has proof read and edited your fresher’s resume before you send it across. That way the errors that your eyes might not be able to detect will be caught and rectified.
- Highlight all the educational qualifications and the institutions that you have attended.
- Make certain that you have not entered any irrelevant details and also too many of them or else what will you speak about at the interview. The sentences that you frame must be precise and to the point.
- Do not write in clichés and off-repeated sentences. This will not get you any brownie points from the recruiter.
- Do not try and impress the employer by the use of high-end vocabulary. In a business context plain simple English is always appreciated. Do not use any technical jargon that might not be understood.
- Also, if you have done lots of projects and internships then mention them briefly or only the important and crucial ones in detail.
- Explain the skill set that you have and how it is going to benefit the organization. The recruiter will be interested in knowing what you can do for the company and not the other way round.
- Lastly, never ever mention the salary details in your fresher resume. This can only be communicated during the interview.
Hence, start applying all of these techniques in your resume and you will certainly get yourself your entry level job.
Tags : resume template, fresh graduate resume template, cv for fresh graduate,blog,resumes